Child development tip: Stages of speech development - The Western News: Opinion: How well does the child respond to noises in his environment?
• How does he request items?
• Does he try to make any words?
• How well can he identify named objects?
• Can he follow directions?
• Does he seem frustrated when others don’t understand him?
Here are some general guidelines for the development of the speech aspect of talking that may help you decide if you should worry about your child’s language skills.